BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, October 1, 2009

10 Years And Counting....

On the 24th of September, Bruce and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary. The time has really flown by. It's been an amazing 10 years and I am so grateful that we have been sealed together for Time & All Eternity. I couldn't bear the thought of not having my family with me in the eternities and I know that through the blessings of the Temple I can. We've had lots of ups and a few downs and through it all, we've been blessed and have grown closer together as we lean on one another for support. We miscarried our first pregnancy and through this experience grew closer as a couple as we grieved our loss. Bruce fell off of our roof and broke his leg and shattered his heel. Through this, we learned the importance of planning ahead and saving for a rainy day. We learned patience. We laughed and cried and loved together. We have been blessed with the births of 3 healthy, happy and adorable children whom we love and wouldn't trade for anything. I have learned what it means to be a step mother and how to break the awful notion of "wicked stepmother". It was not easy. It brought me to tears more than once and I doubt that it is over, but Cody and I have come a long ways and I am grateful he is part of our family. We sold our business and over a year, lost everything that Bruce and I had worked so hard for when we received it back in ruins. Our financial situation was flipped upside down. I learned to appreciate Bruce's hard working nature. I knew that he would support his family no matter what. We have taken on new adventures. We bought into commercial fishing 4 years ago and have really enjoyed the family time that it allows us to have. And, although we have moved very far away from our friends and families. We really love it up in Alaska. Bruce always has lots of ideas and adventures in store for us. I love him and cherish each day that we are able to spend together. We are able to work together. He is very patient, for that I am VERY grateful. It wouldn't be good to have 2 impatient people in the house. He is truly my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my Eternal Companion and I don't know what I'd do without him. I look forward to the rest of what life has to bring. And, I know that with him by my side, we can weather any storm.

1 comments:

Arvidson said...

Congrats! I can't believe 10 years has gone by so fast, and how much life has changed. You two are so lucky to have each other. We should do something fun for our 20ths!