I had almost forgotten that I even had a blog! My mother-in-law, BJ Shinderling, called today to ask some questions about blogging and I remembered that I had one and even remembered how to get on here. So, I thought I would update and maybe add a few pictures to see how we have all grown.
This year has been busy and I have decided that it's just how life will be. I don't think I would want it any other way. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to just come home and have nothing to do, but so far, that's not been the case.
Let's see.....last year at this time we bought property in Sidney, Montana and with our new partners, Stone & Aimee Baker, built a new storage facility called B&S Storage. It currently has 86 units and enough space for lots of RV's. We opened it up to renters in June of last year (2012) and it is about 60% full right now. We hoped it would have filled up a little faster than it has, but are not disappointed. The weather this past winter was awful, but now that it's getting better, we have seen an increase in rentals. We hope to be able to put in another set of units this fall.
Our storage units in Dubois are doing well. They are about 70% full and seem to stay right around that percentage. We spent 4 months this past fall/winter living in Dubois while we did lots of work on all of our rentals down there. There is still lots that needs done, but we needed to get back up here to Alaska to take care of things here too.
The kids continue to grow too fast. Cody is 17 and a junior in high school this year. He is enrolled in a program that allows him to take most of his classes at the college for the next 2 years, so when he graduates next year from high school he will already have an associates degree from college as well. His family moved to Pasco, Washington at the beginning of the school year last year. He is about 5'8" now and turning into a fine young man. He is a typical teenager at times but we still love him.
Dakota is 10 and nearly done with 4th grade. He has had an amazing teacher, Mrs. Davis. I have seen a lot of growth in him (intellectually and physically). He is now up to my chin, wears size 7 shoes and weighs 83 lbs! He is still my "mama's boy" and I hope he never grows out of it.
Olivia is 9 and still as girly as you can get :) We let her get her ears pierced a few months ago and she loves getting all dressed up and beautiful. She is in 3rd grade this year. Her hair is getting really long.
Deshka is 6! I know, it's crazy! She is in kindergarten. She is more of a tomboy than Olivia. She and Dakota are wrestling this year and are doing really well. Deshka took 3rd in her first tournament ever. Dakota just won his first match ever at the last tournament. I couldn't be more proud. We are thinking about heading up to Anchorage one more time for the State Tournament next weekend. We have already gone to 3 tournaments this year and it tends to get a little spendy. Besides the time that it takes to travel. It is almost a 7 hr ferry ride each way, plus another hour drive to Anchorage. We have really had a good time with our family up there though. Many years from now, we won't remember how much it cost, but we will remember the time we were able to spend with each other. Memories were made and that's most important.
While up there this past weekend, Bruce had a surgery on his back. He had some lumps in his lower back and they removed them. We have sent them off for biopsy just in case, but haven't heard any news yet. Hopefully they were the cause of his back pain and with them removed, his back will feel better.
Bruce and I were able to go the Temple a few weeks ago and do sealings for some of our ancestors. I also went back the next day and did some initiatories. They were wonderful experiences and I love the peace that I feel while at the Temple.
Bruce bought another plane. This one is an RV10. It is a home built 4 seater. He only has part of it and it's in our hangar in Wyoming, but he is excited to get to build it. We just need to decide if we are going to haul it up to Alaska or spend the next school year in Wyoming.
Bruce and I have been married for 13 years and have enjoyed every minute. We keep very busy and just enjoy life, one day at a time. We look forward to many, many more years together. And, many more memories made.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Posted by Stamper Family at 3:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment